How to make an app
Nowadays many users are interested how to make a phone app without anyone’s help. Such attention is explained quite simply: more and more people want to get additional information on the virtual market and get involved in the process of creating an app for business or pleasure. There is a wide range of forums, constructors and master classes, which can help users learn more about creating an app on their own. In this article we will try to discuss main aspects of this captivating process and share personal experience on making mobile applications without using side companies and services.
So how to make a phone app?
More and more people are looking for information on how to create an app, because they realize that the web is not enough. The real life, downloads and revenues are now concentrated in mobile applications, dragging attention of hundreds of millions users every day. But what should a person do if he doesn’t have enough money to pay for an app? Or what if he wants to do it on his own? There are many tools that are ready to help: free websites, blogs, tutorials and guidelines, forums and social media pages, which share tips on how to create an outstanding app and conquer the market. Here is a list of steps, which you need to complete in order to create a mobile app of your dreams.
1. First of all, you need to have a clear vision of your final goal. Without an idea your app is doomed to get lost among thousands of other apps, which can’t find their place on the market. That is why you need to understand what your app will do, who will be the target audience and how your app will simplify life of its users. A good question is also to decide what will be the problem it is going to solve. The market is full and it takes a brilliant idea to help you stand out from the rest. Your goals may slightly change with time, but clear ideas will give you a direction. You should note down or even sketch the ideas in order to have a clear picture any time you will need it.
2. Research. It is impossible to imagine a prospering app, which has same flaws and problems as its competitors. So before starting the app development process, you should analyze the market, read competitor’s reviews and see how you can use their weak sides in your favor. You will get an idea of how the market works and see whether you can have your share on it. Once you are done with marketing research, you can pay attention to the design. Don’t forget about the target audience, its preferences and interests while choosing a theme and patterns.
3. Wireframe. Here is when the fun begins and you can finally start working on your app. By using one of the multiple wireframe websites, you can have a clear vision of how your sketch will look like. It is a very convenient tool for designers, who need to make a prototype of the idea.
4. The next stage is the back end of the app, which reflects all the information on your project. You can do it yourself by using special app builders, which offer tools and instruments for simplifying the process or you can contact hosting provides or those, who will collect all the data you need. Do not avoid this step, as it will give you a clear picture of what you will need to do and what changes will have to be completed in order to move in a right direction.
5. Check the model in order to get a side glance on what should be changed or improved. You can show it to your relatives and friends and ask for an honest opinion. Pay extra attention to the process itself to make sure that your demo version is easy to navigate and is intuitively clear and understandable.
6. Start building. At this stage your developer will work on your servers, APIs and databases. Or, if you are using an app builder, everything will be done instead of you. At this stage you can sign up for the Google Play or Apple stores. This may take a while, so don’t put this task aside.
7. It is time to work on the design and create the user interface. Remember the feedbacks you have received during the stage of checking the model and base all your decisions on them. At this stage you may either hire a professional designer, who will make skins and screens or use virtual editors and choose templates for the screens yourself. There are many websites, which will help you complete this stage on your own.
8. After the design part is completed, you will need to test the app again. With the help of testing platforms you will be able to check your functioning app and user interface on possible bugs and problems. Such programs check the layers, interactions and design, so this stage is crucial and you can’t neglect it. Make all the amendments and modifications, and ask your friends or relatives for feedbacks again.
9. When the app is changed and altered, you can start the beta testing, one of the most exciting stages of the development process. It doesn’t matter whether you have an educational, financial or a social media app – you will have a chance to test it in live environment. While iOS has strict rules and requires usage of a special testing platform, Android makes everything simpler and you can test the app in real time. Although one of the bonuses of a TestFlight, iOS beta test, is a chance to invite testers as a side glance before the app is launched.
10. The final stage is the release and you can finally relax and let the market learn more about your product. Android and Apple stores are different from each other, so you should decide what market you will start with and learn more about its rules and regulations. It will be a big plus if you decide to publish your app in Pre-Apps, where users like testing new projects. Their reviews can be of a great help and will be a starting point of your further marketing research.
You should also remember that your app will require lots of time and energy to stay afloat and it won’t give you much revenue at once. You will need to use additional tools to promote it and make changes to meet market requirements.
Future of app development
If you want to know how to make a phone app, you need to follow these steps accurately and don’t be afraid to risk and experiment. While some stages will require help of skilled specialists, others can be completed without anyone’s help. The above tips are useful for both developers and those, who are only starting their way on this interesting and exciting path.
The market of mobile apps is growing rapidly and it will surely drag attention of more and more users all around the world. It is impossible to imagine a day without a mailing service, a social network or a messenger. Moreover, the market of developers is growing and more people are willing to try their capabilities in IT. However, to create an outstanding app and make it run smoothly, one should have lots of skills and additional knowledge, which will contribute to the final result. That is why there are many companies, which offer development, design, optimization and many other services to make the apps better.
Here at Devpremiumapp we offer all these services and our skilled developers are always ready to help your app occupy leading positions on the market. Don’t hesitate to contact us and get all the information you need!